Monday 15 December 2014

Planning: Lighting & Colour

Lighting And Colour
 
 
Lighting and colour – Smile (Westlife)
 
The lighting is natural lighting which adds a very natural and soft tone to the events in the music video. There are also moments of high key lighting which I like as it enhances ‘star image’ and the activities that the characters are engaging in. The colour almost has a brown/gold look to it which suits the genre of Jazz/swing because it sets a very relaxed mood to it. I like the use of lighting and will look to use this, as the soft tones reflect what we will be looking to show.
 














Lighting and colour – Suit and Tie (Justin Timberlake)  
 
It is black and white in colour. I really like the use of this as it is cool and urban and gives the video a really classic look for such a modern artist. The lighting is low-key at times, and also high-key depending on what activities they are engaging in. I really like the use of black and white to create a classic feel to the video so this is something I will want to include in my video, especially at the start to create mystery around my character.



















Lighting and colour – That’s life (Frank Sinatra)



Because of the time period this video was filmed in, naturally it is in black and white. This allows the video to have a mature look to it and like the ‘Suit and Tie’  video, this is something I want to implement in my music video.
I definitely feel like I will use black and white colour in my music video, and keep to really soft lighting to create a chilled atmosphere within my narrative. 




1 comment:

  1. Started, but not finished.

    -The Rhianna video, are these colours you plan to use?
    -what lighting types do you plan to use? Where and why?

    ReplyDelete